Saturday 20th May 2023
You will need
- Warm enough clothing for the weather.
- Phone to record (optional)
- Sturdy footwear
- Bat detector (optional: we will have some available for you to use if you don’t have one!)
We will visit Tucking Mill and use an echo locator to spot and identify the bats we might see. Combe Down is part of an internationally important area for bats due to all the mine workings, and Tucking Mill is an important location providing food and water for nearby bats.
Leader – Cat Baker
Please reserve your space via Eventbrite so you can be updated with any changes to this event (please note that the meeting time and location has been changed!), and please cancel your ticket if you can no longer attend!
- Appropriate footwear and clothing for the temperature
- Torch (there will be some you can borrow if you don’t have one)
- Hi-vis jacket (optional but would be useful as we will be walking down Tucking Mill Lane, there are a few spare if you don’t have one)
Please note: This event is only suitable for children aged 8+, all children must remain the responsibility of parents at all times. Parking at this venue is very, very limited – please consider other forms of transport!